Job requirements Floor Covering Installer near Saskatoon (SK)
Find out what you typically need to work as a floor covering installer near Saskatoon (SK). These requirements are applicable to all Floor covering installers (NOC 7295).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a two- to three-year apprenticeship program or Over four years of work experience in the trade and some courses in floor covering installation are usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for floor covering installers is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified floor covering installers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: